-
August 2nd, 2006, 05:39 AM
#31
Inactive Member
Oh, Dee! This brought tears to my eyes!
This is wonderful news! My sister is precious to me. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear how everything turns out.
Good for you for not giving up. You kept on looking just exactly what a true American Girl would do!
You Go Girl!!!
Keep us posted!
-
August 2nd, 2006, 10:05 PM
#32
Inactive Member
So I sent her an email, and trid to not overwhelm her with questions, but made sure to give her enough info on our family ties, and how I found her so she would know that it's really me. About an hour later I got the lost wonderful email back from her! I have replaced last names and phone number with *** for privacy, but this is what she wrote:
My dear sister!!! Let me just start out by saying that no matter what- you are my sister and I LOVE YOU!!! Ian called me today to tell me you got in touch with him. I can't explain what an amazing feeling this is!!! Well- I guess you know [img]smile.gif[/img]
Quick overview of my life...
Mom ( Audri ****** ) has not remarried and I have no other sibs but you and Ira. Mom and I lived here in Oregon ( I live in Tigard now!!! We are so
close!!! ) until I was six. We moved to the Seattle area for Mom's job. I lived up there in various areas until about 2 years ago when we moved back here. Ian and I were married Nov 2000, and divorced ( finalized ) April of 2005. We have the most beautiful little girl - Eden Brooke - who turned 3 in July. We moved back here to get some space from Ian and his family for awhile after the divorce. We are on fine terms now. Eden goes up to visit on a regular basis.
I love hearing about you and can't wait to get to know you more and meet you. I have tried to find you ( and Ira ) on and off throughout the years.
I checked a lot on classmates.com and such places, but like you, I had so little to go on.
Grandma Thelma has past away some years ago. We did attend the funeral; I was hoping that you and Ira would be there. But even though we live here now, we don't keep in great touch with them. Do you know much/anything about that side of our family? Do you remember Dad? I was
10months old when he past, and I guess I cling to everything that might have involved him. Is that crazy? Mom has a letter that he wrote before he
past, I don't know if you have a copy or even know about that, I just thought you might want to read it. Let me know.
I have so many questions as well, I am slightly spazzing out!!
Here is my number as well ***-***-****. I would love to meet you! If you are up for it, we need to plan something.
Love you- Stacey *****
I can't believe it! She has wondered about me all these years just as I have wondered about her! I printed it out and took it over to my BFF's house last night to read it to her, and even she started crying! We also exchanged pictures, and we even have some similar features! We have the exact same nose and chim, and we both have high cheekbons, ans even our lips are similar! And, I'm an Aunt!!!!!! As an only child I never thought I'd get the chance for that, but now I am!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I am on cloud nine! The funny thing is that I was just up in the area where she lives over the weekend! I EOMBA, and now I'm broke! I guess meeting with her is going to have to wait until I get more gas $$; maybe I'll sell some doll stuff on ebay. I really need a job now! I have a niece to spoil!
~Really, Really Happy Dee! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
August 2nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
#33
HB Forum Owner
Congrats on a Neice. Maybe she would like a bitty? [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
August 2nd, 2006, 10:15 PM
#34
Inactive Member
Wow Dee! That is so wonderful! You have really been given a HUGE blessing! Well, a couple of blessings- a sister and a niece! I hope that you two will have a wonderful relationship- the kind you always dreamed of!
Congratulations!
Jo
-
August 2nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
#35
Inactive Member
I've been following your thread from the beginning. I'm so glad that things worked out well! Congratulations on finding your sister and your niece! I see a Bitty in her future!
Keep us posted.
Take care,
Glenda
-
August 2nd, 2006, 10:46 PM
#36
Inactive Member
Congratulations Dee! I am SO excited and happy for you. I also followed the thread since a bit after it was put up, but really didn't know what to say. I am so glad you found each other at last. You must be so excited about finding your sister and discovering you have a niece!
I hope you get to meet up with them soon and start making up for all the lost time.
-
August 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
#37
HB Forum Owner
Oh this is absolutly wonderful!! I'm so happy for you!! I know you've done alot of research and put alot of time into finding her... but its really amazing that the two of you ever did find each other.
My dad was adopted and he's been searching for his family forever. I've seen the toll it takes on someone who doesn't know where their family is. You are so fortunate to have found her... and she seems like a wonderful person.
I think its awsome you guys were looking for each other! Its like one of those unsolved mysteries with an UPDATE! Keep us posted... this is so fantastic!
Plus now that you are an Aunt... I think you can get started on recruiting more for the future of AG!
-
August 2nd, 2006, 11:10 PM
#38
Inactive Member
Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you. What a joy it will be to develop these relationships!
-
August 2nd, 2006, 11:28 PM
#39
Inactive Member
Congratulations!! What an amazing letter! I'm afraid Eden is about to get spoiled a bit by her favorite aunt! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BTW, I am about three blocks from Tigard if you ever come up to visit your family and want to take a doll break, let me know.
-
August 2nd, 2006, 11:58 PM
#40
Inactive Member
Your sister sounds like a really nice person. How great is it that you are an aunt! I am so happy for you. Keep us posted. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks